Monetra® Features and Capabilities
For every payment application, from single-station point-of-sale to busy eCommerce sites and multi-site, multi-lane retail systems, Monetra has the features you need for fast, secure payment processing with the lowest transaction costs.
Support for all Major Electronic Payment Types
Monetra® seamlessly handles all electronic tender types including:
- All Major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, etc.)
- Pin-based Debit, Electronic Benefits (EBT) and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Gift/Stored Value and Private Label Cards
- Electronic Check Conversion (ACH)
- Alternative Payments, such as Bill Me Later®
In addition, Monetra® supports many advanced industry-specific configurations for Retail, Restaurant, Lodging, Mail Order, Ecommerce, Healthcare, Automated Fueling and more…
Extensive Processor Certifications
Monetra® is certified with all major payment processing organizations including TSYS, First Data, Global Payments, Fifth Third Bank, Paymentech and many more.
With Monetra® you can connect to multiple processors at the same time, or switch processors any time, giving you the flexibility you need for obtaining the most competitive interchange rates.
Modern Security Features
Monetra® has comprehensive security features to ensure the safety of sensitive data:
- Validated to meet or exceed PCI/PA-DSS requirements
- Uses high-security cryptographic algorithms including the industry standard, AES
- Encrypts communications using proven TLS protocol
- Supports SSL client-certificate verification
- Supports Hardware Security Modules (HSM's) for advanced cryptographic requirements
- Provides multi-user password authentication with fine-grained permission settings
Using Monetra® to send data directly to your card processor eliminates the risks of "gateway" services that create additional points of vulnerability and large, lucrative potential data theft targets.
Please visit our Security page to find out more.
Secure Recurring Billing/Card-on-File System
The Monetra Data Security Shield (Monetra DSS) storage system offers secure card storage and safe card number replacement tokens for easy, PCI-compliant card-on-file applications.
- Pseudo card numbers ("tokens") take the place of sensitive data
- Keeps card numbers securely encrypted so stored data is never exposed
- Configurable to perform recurring or installment payments automatically or on demand
- Customizable billing cycles and intervals
Monetra® supports industry standard fraud verifications to combat fraud and reduce chargebacks.
- Address Verification System (AVS)
- Card Verification (CVV2/CVC2/CID) across all supporting card brands
- Support for Verified By Visa and Mastercard SecureCode
- Electronic Check Verification
Scalable System Design
Designed as the most scalable payment engine of its kind, Monetra® is capable of operating on virtually any system from small, custom embedded devices and point-of-sale terminals to clustered, high-availability servers processing thousands of transactions per minute.
Versatile Communication Support
Monetra® provides a complete range of communications methods to get your transactions to the processing institution as quickly and reliably as possible:
- High-speed Internet, dial-up and private/frame-relay/T1(IP) connections
- Complete, automatic failover subsystem always selects the best available route
- Modem pooling system permits multiple, concurrent dial-up connections
Robust, Extendable and Reliable
Monetra® natively supports all modern operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, and the Apple Macintosh OS X, so you can install Monetra on the platform you prefer, without the inconvenience and overhead of Java or other runtime environments. And Monetra runs as a daemon or service, keeping it protected and safe from other applications and user mistakes.
Monetra® is compact and suitable for porting to most operating systems and proprietary environments. The modular subsystem architecture supports custom extensions to Monetra® for clients with special requirements. Please contact us for more information.
Monetra® has multiple integration options with complete documentation for our protocols:
- APIs for C/C++, PHP, Perl, Java, C#, VB, Delphi, and Cold Fusion
- XML Web-Service protocol available
- Direct developer-to-developer support via e-mail and IRC
- Many developers report completing integrations in just a few hours
- Forward and backward compatibility: Integrations with Monetra v1.0 are still functional today!